Council Crisis Team Hotline
After hours Council Crisis Team CELL
In the case of an accident, incident or emergency please follow the following steps.
- Provide first aid to person and dial 9-1-1 if assistance is needed.
- Keep a responsible adult at the scene at all times.
- Keep the girls calm and occupied.
- Notify the Council Crisis Team at 1-800-624-4185 (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or 901-734-2574 (after hours and weekends)
- Call troop’s emergency contact person to let the parents know there is a delay. Plan in advance what the person will say.
- In the event of fatality, see that no disturbance of victim or surroundings is permitted until police arrive.
- Do not surrender permission slips or medical records. Keep your copies.
- Refer all media (press, radio, TV) inquiries to the council. Do not make any statements or release names to anyone.
- File an Accident/Incident Report Form and refer all insurance questions to council personnel.
spokespersons (Council Crisis Team) are authorized to speak on behalf of the council. It is very important that
communications are controlled to minimize risk.
A good response is:
really don’t have all of the information you are looking for. You need to speak with someone from our
You may give them the office phone
In addition to reporting
emergencies and serious injuries occurring during a Girl Scout activity or on
Girl Scout property
to the Council Crisis Team, you are asked to report any situation or potential
situation that poses a threat to the Girl Scout name and/or impairs
the Council’s ability to operate effectively. The Council Crisis Team appreciates it
when it has time to Be Prepared.
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER AN ACCIDENT/ INCIDENT
Accident/Incident Report should be completed for any accident, illness or
inappropriate behavior that occurs on the site or during program event. It is used to supplement insurance
information and to notify the council of an incident while awaiting insurance
forms and doctor’s statements.
report should be completed and submitted to the council office within 24 hours
following the incident. You may call the
council and file an initial report by phone at: 800-624-4185 (Office) or (901)
734-2574(cell); a copy will then be mailed for your signature.
leader, activity planner or parent may fill in sections of the form that relate
to their actions. On-site First Aider
and Program Director should complete separate forms.
report forms can be subpoenaed for legal evidence, so information should relate
only to the known facts.