Here is a list of insignia that can be earned and/or worn by Girl Scout Daisies:
Showing You Belong
- American Flag Patch
- Girl Scout Daisy Membership Pin (shown)
- Girl Scouts of the USA Identification Strip
- Girl Scout Council ID Strip
- Insignia Tab
- Membership Stars
- Daisy Membership Disc for Stars
- Iron-on Troop Numerals
- USA Girl Scouts Overseas Identification Strip Set
- USA Girl Scouts Overseas Pin2
- World Trefoil Pin
Promise Center and Learning Petals
Girls can place Learning Petals around the Promise Center in any order they choose.
- Promise Center and Learning Petals (shown)
- Lupe the Lupine (Light Blue), Honest and Fair
- Sunny the Sunflower (Yellow), Friendly and Helpful
- Zinni the Zinnia (Spring Green), Considerate and Caring
- Tula the Tulip (Red), Courageous and Strong
- Mari the Marigold (Orange), Responsible for What I Say and Do
- Gloria the Morning Glory (Purple), Respect Myself and Others
- Gerri the Geranium (Magenta), Respect Authority
- Clover (Green), Use Resources Wisely
- Rosie the Rose (Rose), Make the World a Better Place
- Vi the Violet (Violet), Be a Sister to Every Girl Scout
- Amazing Daisy (Daisy Blue), Promise Center
- Financial Literacy Leaves
- Money Counts
- Making Choices
Journey Leadership Awards3
Welcome to the Daisy Flower Garden. It's Your World, Change It!
Between Earth and Sky. It's Your Planet, Love It!
- Watering Can Award
- Golden Honey Bee Award
- Amazing Daisy Award
5 Flowers, 4 Stories, 3 Cheers for Animals. It's Your Story Tell It!
- Blue Bucket Award
- Firefly Award
- Clover Award
- Birdbath Award
- Red Robin Award
- Tula Award
- Journey Summit Award
Special Opportunity Awards
- Bridge to Girl Scout Brownie Award (shown)
- Girl Scout Daisy Safety Award7
- Cookie Activity pin8
- Girl Scouts Global Action Award
- My Promise My Faith, Year 19
- My Promise My Faith, Year 210
- Religious Recognitions
- The President's Volunteer Service Award11
- World Thinking Day Award
Meritorious Service Awards12
- Medal of Honor Lifesaving Award (shown)
- Bronze Cross Lifesaving Award (shown)
Participation Patches and Pins
- Girl Scout Forever Green Patch
- International World Friendship Recognition pin13
- The insignia on a girl's uniform are a record of her adventures and accomplishments as a Girl Scout. Insignia is the general term for all official items that girls and adults can wear on their uniforms.
1 Please note that this poster contains only core Program awards. Check the online list or The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting for Daisies (GSUSA 2011) for a complete listing of national Girl Scout insignia that can be worn by Girl Scout Daisies.
2 Can only be worn by girls registered with a USA Girl Scout
Overseas Committee. Pin is worn on the front (to the right of the
membership pin) while living overseas.
3 Girl Scout Daisy awards found in The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting for Daisies (GSUSA, 2011).
4 Found in Welcome to the Daisy Flower Garden. A Girl Scout Daisy Leadership Journey (GSUSA, 2008).
5 Found in Between Earth and Sky, It's Your Planet—Love It!A Girl Scout Daisy Leadership Journey (GSUSA, 2009).
6 Found in 5 Flowers, 4 Stories, 3 Cheers for Animals, It's Your Story Tell It! A Girl Scout Daisy Leadership Journey (GSUSA 2010).
7 Found in The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting for Daisies (GSUSA, 2011).
8 Found online in the Girl Scout Cookies section.
9 Girl Scout Daisy awards found in The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting for Daisies (GSUSA, 2011).
10 Found in The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting for Daisies (GSUSA, 2011).
11 Check with your local Girl Scout council for certification process.
12 Approved by GSUSA through council nomination.
13 Can only be worn by girls registered with a USA Girl Scout Overseas Committee.
Did you know?
Girl Scout insignia are broken into four categories.
Girl Scouts of the USA, council, troop membership, and identification insignia. Includes such items as Girl Scout Membership pins, the council identification strip, and troop numerals.
Earned Grade-Level Awards:
Earned by completing requirements or demonstrating understanding of a concept, as outlined in The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting books, including bridging awards, journey awards, and Daisy through Ambassador grade-level awards.
Earned through requirements determined by GSUSA or by other organizations. Includes Girl Scout lifesaving and religious awards and the President's Award for Community Service.
Participation Patches and Pins:
Supplementary insignia developed at the national or council level with a focus on participation. Some come with companion activity booklets. Includes American Flag Patch, fun patches, and the World Thinking Day Patch.