January 30, 2012
The New York event features a panel discussion with key thought leaders in female leadership. ABC News journalist Deborah Roberts will moderate the panel, which will explore ways members of society can support girls in reaching their leadership potential.
The program will include:
- Connie L. Lindsey, national president, Girl Scouts of the USA
- Anna Maria Chávez, chief executive officer, Girl Scouts of the USA
- Michelle Kwan, public diplomacy envoy, U.S. State Department and Olympic figure skater
- Joanna Coles, editor-in-chief, Marie Claire
- Jean Chatzky, best-selling author, personal finance expert, and correspondent, NBC “Today”
- Linda Descano, president and chief executive officer, Women & Co., Citi
- Kristen Sanchez, deputy managing partner, markets & offerings, Deloitte LLP.
The Washington, D.C., event will be held on Capitol Hill. U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi are among the policymakers who have confirmed their participation.
The goal of ToGetHerThere: to create balanced leadership in a single generation. When girls succeed, so does society. Together, we will get her there.
The link to the webinar launch is: http://www.livestream.com/private/girlscouts?t=1327597852203
January 31st, 10:00am