Memorial Day Flag Placement
Join Scouts from across the council as we remember the men and women who died while serving in the country's armed forces by placing American Flags on the 20,000+ graves at the West Tennessee Veterans Cemetary.
The ceremony will start promptly at 8 a.m.
- All Scout are asked to be in full uniform for this event.
- Don't forget a screwdriver and/or hammer to make a pilot hole for the flags as the ground might be hard.
- There is plenty of parking on the grounds, however it is a large Cemetery so make time to walk from car to pavilion.
Retired flag ashes: Please bring ashes to be spread on the ground during the ceremony.
- The ceremony will be about 30 minutes.
- Scouts will invite all in attendance to join them in the National Anthem.
- Flag Placement will be following a 21 gun salute by Army Honor Guard.
Patches will be available for $2 on a first come, first served basis. ALL Proceeds of patches/pins go to the West Tennessee Cemetery Support Group
Memorial Day Services-Monday, May 29, 2016
When: Memorial Day, 11:00 AM “Be Prepared” for a meaningful ceremony and Navy Band with the National Anthem and military medley
- Girl Scouts are needed to hand out programs.
Contacts for questions & information:
Martin Hoffert –ceremony/agenda/AND to volunteer your Troop to help!- email@example.com
Renee Leith - patches – pins – firstname.lastname@example.org