1. The car weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces. The use of additional weight is allowed. Additional weight must be non-movable and securely attached to the car with glue, nails, screws, etc. (weigh your car on a food scale before official weigh in, so you’ve a pretty good idea of what it weighs - bring extra weights and a tool to remove weight, so you can adjust at weigh in time. Remember, weight MUST NOT exceed 5 oz.
2. The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
3. The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 3⁄4 inches.
4. The car must have 1 3⁄4” clearance between the wheels (this is the distance between the inside of the left & right wheels). The minimum width between the wheels must be at least 1-3⁄4 inches; to ensure clearance of the center guide rail of the track.
5. The car body must clear the ground by a minimum of 3/8 inch; So car will clear the track.
6. The body of the car must be made from the block of wood provided in the BSA kit, PineCar kits and pre-cut are fine and perfectly legal, as long as they meet the above specs. Extra details such as fenders, steering wheel, and driver may be added as long as the car meets the maximum length, width, and weight rules. All parts and materials must be securely attached to the car.
7. Axles may be polished and lubricated. Only dry lubricants such as graphite or powdered Teflon "white lube" will be allowed for lubricating axles and wheels. Lubricants may not foul the track. You may not use speed axles or enhanced axles.
8. Wheel bearings, washers or bushings are prohibited.
9. The car must not ride on any type of springs.
10. The car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
11. No loose material of any kind, such as lead shot, may be used.
12. No cars that have raced in the past Girl Scouts Heart of the South Annual Powder Puff Derbies are allowed!