With the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Your Girl Scout year just got easier!
As a Girl Scout volunteer, you already know that your girls love Girl Scouts for the friends, the fun, and all the new things they get to try.
But what if there was a way to run your troop or group that saves you time and helps you plan so that you can spend more time with the girls? Meet the Volunteer Toolkit, the web app that makes it easy for you to get the most out of every troop or group meeting.
And here’s the best part—with the Volunteer Toolkit, you can say goodbye to digging through big stacks of books and piles of resources. It is accessible from your home computer, tablet, or mobile device—placing everything you need in one easy-to-access place that’s accessible on the go.
Download the Volunteer Toolkit User Guide that fits your needs:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Parents can also download the VTK Parent's Guide to learn more!
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Year Plan Overview
Want to get a quick view of new and existing year plan options on the Volunteer Toolkit?
- Download the PDF Year Plan overviews below.
- See descriptions of each Year Plan available by level (Petal/Leaves, Badge, or Journey) and which badges, journey awards, etc. are earnable with each populated Year Plan.