FULL TIME, EXEMPT
Girl Scouts Heart of the South builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place and provides training and support to the adult volunteers who guide them. We are passionate about girl and adult leadership development and want individuals who are confident, energetic, self-starters who love communicating and connecting with people on our team. You must have drive and be able to work in a fast-paced environment, excel when given a challenge, and adjust well to change. You must be an excellent communicator with a desire to positively impact the lives of girls and the ability to enthusiastically share the Girl Scout story.
The Girl Leadership Program Specialist must facilitate strong, relevant, well-executed outcomes based programs that assist in membership extension, membership retention and developing girls’ leadership skills. Provide leadership and direction in the delivery of the Girl Scout Leadership program to girl members and volunteers in specific interest based areas. Cultivate community partnerships and volunteer relationships. Promote Girl Scouts Heart of the South through council-sponsored events and activities. Advance the Girl Scouts Heart of the South’s commitment to diversity through council wide events and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, facilitate, coordinate, and assist in Girl Scout program implementation on the council and local level and in partnership with schools, churches, and other youth serving organizations for the of building character, developing skills, and growing girl leadership potential.
- Maintain current knowledge about troop activities, girl interests, and the needs of the un-served/underserved populations
- Develop STEM based program for the council
- Plan the council Travel program
- Cultivate the development of program enrichment opportunities
- Assist in managing outcomes research, evaluation methods for council-wide programming
- Increase knowledge, awareness, and support of Girl Scouting by participating in community activities and initiatives and by seeking out and involving groups and individuals who share our commitment to helping girls lead with courage, confidence, and character
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to plan and implement a multifaceted workload with minimum supervision and to work as a member of a departmental team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Willingness to learn, subscribe to, and promote the Girl Scout philosophy
- Ability to learn, understand, apply, interpret and promote the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, policies, standards, and organizational structures
- Ability to relate to and foster the contributions of people from diverse backgrounds
- Must provide own transportation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience in child/youth development, program planning and implementation, and experiential education
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Spanish a plus but not a requirement
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets the requirements for coverage through the council’s business auto carrier
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media and google documents.
Job Titles of Employees Reporting to this Position: None
Email resumes to: Jobs@girlscoutshs.org