Summer Camp Staff
Girl Scouts Heart of the South builds girls of courage, confidence
and character, who make the world a better place. We are passionate
about girl and adult leadership development and want individuals who
are confident, energetic, self-starters, who love communicating with
people and connecting with the community, to join our team. You must
have drive, and be able to work in a fast paced enviroment, excel when
given a challenge, and adjust well to change. You must be an excellent
communicator, with a desire to positively impact the lives of girls,
and the ability to enthusiastically share the Girl Scout story.
The Recruitment Specialist (External) is reponsible for developing and executing effective and comprehensive girl and adult volunteer recruitment strategies that increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouting. Using a variety of in-person meetings, presentations, and networking opportunities with youth groups, schools, faith-based organizations and other community constituents, they are responsible for securing girl and adult volunteers. Their focus is community culitvation, lead generation, and lead follow-up. They work cross-functionally to develop innovative techniques that ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies; and they assist with council-wide programs, activities, events, public relations and/or fund development endeavors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality, solve problems and make ethical decisions
- Highly organized with superior analytical skills
- Ability to network effectively with diverse volunteers, girls, parents, and community groups
- Ability to plan and implement multifaceted workload with minimum supervision and as a member of a team
- Works well under pressure and adaptable to changing work enviroments
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule when needed
- Must successfully pass drug screen, criminal background, and credit checks, have valid state driver's license, and be willing to use one's own vehicle for travel within the council's jurisdiction
- Must excel in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
and other web-based platforms
Education and/ or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- One to two years of proven or advanced experience in sales, marketing, communications, and/or community organizing
- Experience with customer service
management systems (CRM's) a plus, but not required.
Send resumes to MaryEllen.Rogers@girlscoutshs.org
Looking for an amazing job this summer? Apply to be on our summer camp staff! We are looking for amazing and awesome women to give our campers a terrific summer! Must love campfires, singing and s'mores.
Session dates are June 5 - July 19, 2016. Pre-camp will start on May 24, 2016.
Interested? Apply now.
Girl Scouts Heart of the South is a wonderful place to explore your future career interests. Are you interested in non-profit, communications, community engagement and networking? We have a place for you.
We offer a variety of internships to meet your interests throughout our 59 county jurisdiction.
Ready to apply? Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to intern with the council to firstname.lastname@example.org.