Girl Scouts Heart of the South's governance structure is focused on leadership, accountability and transparency.
Girl Scouts Heart of the South is a member-driven organization with girls, parents, and volunteers actively engaged in creating strategic direction influencing governance and operations.
Governance is provided by a 20 member Board of Directors and is comprised of a diverse group of volunteers who are representative of civic leaders, donors, corporations and sponsors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
These volunteers are responsible for setting policies, the organizational operating budget and for overseeing the direction of Girl Scouts Heart of the South.
Board members possess a passion for Girl Scouts’ mission and vision, a commitment to invest time as an active member, an ability and desire to take a council-wide perspective and demonstrated commitment to our community.
Board of Directors:
- Chair: Lori Patton, VP Operations, Roadshow BMW/ Mini, Memphis, TN
- 1st Vice Chair: Sharon Younger, President, Younger & Associates, Memphis, TN
- 2nd Vice Chair: Jil Greene, Director of Human Resources Customer Satisfaction, AutoZone, Memphis, TN
- Secretary: Dr. Divya Choudhary, Associate Professor of Engineering and Director of Graduate Engineering, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, TN
- Treasurer/Finance Chair: Nancy Cochran, Consultant, Burleigh Consulting Group
- Board Development Committee Chair: Tracey Zerwig-Ford, Fine Arts Director, Hutchinson School, Memphis, TN
- Lara Bowman, Executive Director, The Enterprise of Mississippi, Starkville, MS
- Cynthia Bradford, System Community Involvement Manager, Baptist Health Care Corporation, Memphis, TN
- Rosemarie Fair, Owner, One Source Commercial, Inc., Memphis, TN
- Keith Fulcher, Executive Vice President, Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi, Hernando, MS
- Reagan Taylor Fondren, US Attorney for the Western District of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
- Diego Lewja, President, Express Employment Professionals, Southaven, MS
- Dr. Loretta Rudd, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Gina Sweat, Director of Fire Services, City of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Madeleine Taylor, Retired Executive Director for NAACP Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Dr. Debra West, Chancellor, Arkansas State University Mid-South
- Melanie Schild, CEO, Girl Scouts Heart of the South
Community Action Cabinet Chairs
- Greater Memphis Area Community Action Cabinet Chair: Casey Condra, Director of Marketing and Business Development, Orion Federal Credit Union, Memphis, TN
- Northeast Mississippi Community Action Cabinet Chair: Abi Rayburn, Community Volunteer, Oxford, MS
- West Tennessee Community Action Cabinet Chair: Leonie Hefley, Vice President & Loan Officer, Commercial Bank and Trust, Jackson, TN
- Northwest Mississippi Community Action Cabinet Chair: Position vacant
Ex-officio Advisory Board Member
- Dr. Pamela Evans, Obstetrician, Henry County Medical Center, Hollow Rock, TN
Board Development Committee Members:
- Chair: Tracey Zerwig-Ford, Fine Arts Director, Hutchinson School, Memphis, TN
- Latoria Taylor, VP Leadership Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Sharon Younger, President, Younger Associates, Jackson, TN
- Jennifer Anthony, Keller Williams, Memphis, TN
- 3 (three) positions are currently open to be filled
Contact the Board Members or the Community Action Cabinet members at Kimberly.email@example.com