Under guidance of the VP Membership Development, the Specialist is a seasonal part-time position responsible for executing effective membership recruiting strategies via in-person and virtual presentations, and phone calls to increase girl and adult lead generation in assigned, established geographic areas. This may include implementing social media programs, recruiting girls to participate in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, recruiting adult volunteers to deliver and support programming, scheduling date and times for school presentations (virtually or in person), and assisting with administrative office work. Hours are event based and can change based on number of events (virtually or in-person) in a certain week.
The role will also include building new Service Units (SU) of existing volunteers, to lead in each one of our West Tennessee (WTN) communities. You will offer and provide resources, support, and direction to troop leaders to become service team members. This position is responsible for understanding Volunteer Toolkit functionalities and its impact on customers. In order to gain and sustain Service Units, this job also entails building partnerships with current adult volunteers as well as recruiting new adult volunteers who have influence in their respective communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Related recruitment or direct sales experience preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License with personal transportation.
• Must complete paid training provided by GSHS.
• Knowledge of Girl Scout Leadership Experience, program components and outcomes (or ability to learn quickly upon job entry). Strong organizational skills.
• Strong oganizational skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to role model GSHS culture and represent Girl Scouting in a professional manner.
• Ability to embrace change, adapt, show initiative, and strive for continual professional development.
• Ability to be trustworthy with cash and credit card information.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership and mutual accountability.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines successfully.
• Ability to speak in public with confidence and professionalism.
• Ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of people.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (including Excel) and customer relationship management (CRM) software effectively.
• Ability to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as necessary to support recruitment events.
• Ability to travel within GSHS service area and work in a mobile environment daily. This may include traveling outside of one’s assigned territory but does not include overnight travel.
• Other demands, as determined by GSHS.
• Registers girl members and adult volunteers as new Girl Scouts, including assisting members through registration process on-site and processing memberships.
• Rebuild WTN Service Units by providing ongoing volunteer engagement, direction, mentoring and support in key service delivery areas that Service Units must maintain.
• Presents the benefits of Girl Scouting to potential girl members and adult volunteers at schools, places of faith, community centers, afterschool programs, etc. by using established scripts as base presentation.
• Assists with membership pipeline (from initial member interest to registration to troop placement) via phone, in-person, or online.
• Ensures Girl Scouting is available to a diverse population of girls and adults by delivering a message of pluralism and diversity during presentations.
• Clearly understands, communicates, and emphasizes Girl Scout product features and benefits to potential members through primarily in-person communications.
• Understands and communicates the impact of Girl Scouts and its relevance to girls, adults, and local and national communities.
• Works a variable schedule
• Follows established procedures pertaining to Customer Engagement Initiative that support both team and cross functional goals.
• Provides an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers through timely communication, follow-up and problem-solving.
• Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should respond by Wednesday, September 30. Salary requirements, official job descriptions and other pertinent information will be discussed and provided throughout the interview process.