Girl Scouts Heart of the South's governance structure is focused on leadership, accountability and transparency.
Girl Scouts Heart of the South is a member-driven organization with girls, parents, and volunteers actively engaged in creating strategic direction influencing governance and operations.
Governance is provided by a 20 member Board of Directors and is comprised of a diverse group of volunteers who are representative of civic leaders, donors, corporations and sponsors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
These volunteers are responsible for setting policies, the organizational operating budget and for overseeing the direction of Girl Scouts Heart of the South.
Board members possess a passion for Girl Scouts’ mission and vision, a commitment to invest time as an active member, an ability and desire to take a council-wide perspective and demonstrated commitment to our community.
Board of Directors:
- Chair: Lori Patton, VP Operations, Roadshow BMW/ Mini, Memphis, TN
- 1st Vice Chair: Sharon Younger, President, Younger & Associates, Memphis, TN
- 2nd Vice Chair: Jil Greene, Director of Human Resources Customer Satisfaction, AutoZone, Memphis, TN
- Secretary: Dr. Divya Choudhary, Associate Professor of Engineering and Director of Graduate Engineering, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, TN
- Treasurer/Finance Chair: Nancy Cochran, Consultant, Burleigh Consulting Group
Board Development Committee Chair: Tracey Zerwig-Ford, Fine
Arts Director, Hutchison School, Memphis, TN
Members At Large:
- Cynthia Bradford, System Community Involvement Manager, Baptist Health Care Corporation, Memphis, TN
- Amanda Child, Paralegal, International Paper, Memphis, TN
- Casey Condra, Chief Marketing Officer, Orion Federal Credit Union, Memphis, TN
- Rosemarie Fair, Owner, One Source Commercial, Inc., Memphis, TN
- Reagan Taylor Fondren, Assistant US Attorney for the Western District of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
- Desi Franklin, Sr. VP, Assistant General Counsel, First Horizon, Memphis, TN
- Keith Fulcher, President, Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi, Hernando, MS
- Leonie Hefley, Loan Officer, Commercial Bank and Trust, Jackson, TN
- Diego Lewja, President, L.F. Group, Nesbit, MS
- Cheryl Pesce, Owner, Cheryl Pesce Lifestyle Brands, Memphis, TN
- Victoria Ragland, Diversity and Inclusion Advisor, Pinnacle Financial Partners, Memphis, TN
- Abi Rayburn, Community Volunteer, Oxford, MS
- Bishop Phoebe Roaf, Episcopal Diocese of West Tennessee, Memphis, TN
- Dr. Loretta Rudd, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Lana Suite, Partner and Director of Research, Younger Associates, Inc., Jackson, TN
- Gina Sweat, Director of Fire Services, City of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Madeleine Taylor, Retired Executive Director for NAACP Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Dr. Debra West, Chancellor, Arkansas State University Mid-South, West Memphis, AR
Ex-officio Advisory Board Member
- Dr. Pamela Evans, Obstetrician, Evans Medical Clinic, Jackson, TN